Finals are finished. Your research paper’s been turned in. The semester is over! It’s time to put down your textbook, log off of GALILEO, and curl up with a good book. Now, you can find that book at your CSU Library.
In April, the Library launched the Popular Reading Collection. The addition of this collection was partially in response to student comments and requests for more leisure reading materials. The Popular Reading Collection is located just inside the Library’s University Center entrance directly opposite the Circulation Desk, and includes bestselling authors, popular biography, general nonfiction, hobbies, self-improvement and much more.
In order to check out books over the summer, students must be registered and paid for the summer semester. If you have any questions or need to determine if your library account is active, please call the Circulation Desk at 678-466-4345.
Here’s a sample of what you can expect to find in the Popular Reading Collection:
• Assassin by Ted Bell
• Beading Vintage-style Jewelry by Marty Stevens Heebner
• Break No Bones by Kathy Reichs
• The 5th horseman by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro
• Little Bee by Chris Cleave
• I Got This: How I Changed My Ways and Lost What Weighed Me Down by Jennifer Hudson
• The Husband by Dean Koontz
• Low Down and Dirty: a novel by Vickie Stringer
• Lucille, the life of Lucille Ball by Kathleen Brady
• Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult
• Obama, the Historic Front Pages created by David Elliot Cohen
• The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
• Prince of Fire by Daniel Silva
• The Royals by Kitty Kelly
• Sidney Poitier, Man, Actor, Icon by Aram Goudsouzian
The next time you are on Main Street UC, make a quick stop at the Library to pick up a good book – just for fun.