Clayton State Library added the CQ Researcher Plus Archives Online and the CQ Press Political Reference Suite Online to the GALILEO resources. CQ Researcher Plus Archives contains 12,000-word reports on topics including health, social trends, criminal justice, international affairs, education, the environment, technology, and the economy, each written by an experienced journalist. In a single search, users can find current information as well as historical reports dating back to 1923 – all written in an easy-reading, consistent arrangement. CQ Press Political Reference Suite is a combination of CQ Press reference titles on government and politics. Search the database in a single search or browse through individual online editions such as The Contemporary Middle East or Voter Turnout in the United States 1788-2009 – all located directly on the homepage.
While our library has older editions of these titles in print, some of the advantages of the online publications include:
- Advanced search options so that users can search by keyword across all CQ Press online editions or limit their search to certain topic areas or titles
- Multiple, customized browse options to help locate and explore all available content
- Handy personalization options that save user profiles and search results for use in future research
- Links to available external resources
- CiteNow!™—An exclusive CQ Press feature that helps users easily download full citations in MLA, APA, Chicago, or Bluebook style
Look for the databases “CQ Researcher Plus Archives” or “CQ Press Political Reference Suite” on the GALILEO A-Z Database List under letter “C”. If you are off of the campus network, you will be prompted to login. We hope you enjoy using the new resources. Please contact the library if you have questions (call 678-466-4346 or email).