Last year the CSU Library collected over 300 of your thank you letters to send to U.S. troops stationed overseas at Thanksgiving as part of The Bert Show’s Big Thank You. This year, because of our renovation and relocation, we’ve teamed up with the Veterans Resource Center to collect letters. Our goal is to collect even more letters than we did last year so now’s the time to start writing.
It couldn’t be any easier to participate. All you have to do is hand-write a thank you letter and drop it off in the collection box in the Veterans Resource Center located in Edgewater Hall, suite 115. Your letters must be in the collection box by October 27th to be sent to the troops so time is of the essence.
In order to get your letter to a U.S. soldier, please follow the following guidelines:
- All letters must be on 8.5” x 11” paper or smaller.
- Make sure your letter is heartfelt, handwritten, original, and free of any political statements
- Do not use glue, tape, staples, cardboard, glitter or otherwise attach anything to the paper.
- No construction paper.
- Decorate using crayons, markers, pens or pencils.
- Use both sides if you like, but use one page per letter only.
- Do not send greeting cards or photographs.
- Feel free to include your mailing and email address.
- Individual letters should not be sealed in envelopes.
- Do not send anything except letters.
- Drop off your letter by October 27th.
If you have any questions, contact Tina Lake at TinaLake@clayton.edu or call (678) 466-5528.