As part of the ongoing renovations to the HVAC system, the library is experiencing intermittent closings this semester. One of these closings, July 12 – August 13, will occur during Summer finals. Below are a few recommendations to promote a successful end to the semester.
- Start early
This is something we always recommend, but it’s even more important with these interruptions.
- Students: Start your research early so we can help access any materials you may need.
- Faculty: Assign projects requiring library access earlier in the semester so students have time to make arrangements.
- Ask for assistance
Likewise, this is a typical suggestion that is more relevant now. Much of our collection is, literally, under wraps and inaccessible to the public, but we go daily to pull requested books. We can also direct you to digital resources when physical ones are not available.
- Identify alternative spaces
Use this time to explore other useful spaces on campus. Find quiet study space outside the Provost suite on the 2nd floor of the University Center. Power your laptop at one of the tables in the UC Commons. Contact the Center for Academic Success to reserve a study room, and cozy up in comfy seating with lake views at the Lakeview Discovery & Science Center.
We’re still here for you
Even though the library building is closed to the public, WE are not, and we will work to make library resources and services as accessible as possible during this time. Beginning Friday, July 13, Library staff will be available in room G-101 in the Arts & Sciences building. Visit us there to:
- Check out and use course reserves – Reserves materials will be housed in G-101 and available for loan. A document scanner and DVD player will be available for materials that can’t leave the premises.
- Borrow laptops and equipment – Laptop computers and small equipment like phone chargers and webcams will be available for 6 hour loans.
- Pick up library owned physical resources – Request library-owned materials using the Item Pickup Request Form and pick them up in G-101.
- Pick up GIL Express/ InterLibrary Loan items – Submit requests online and pick up in G-101.
- Get Reference Assistance – Reference librarians will be available during normal hours in G-101 and remotely via chat, email, phone, and text.
The relocation process will begin July 9, and access to some resources and services will be impacted then. We will close at 5pm on July 11 and remain closed July 12 to allow for final preparations and equipment relocation. Library staff and limited resources will be available in G-101 beginning July 13. Hours for the remainder of summer semester are: Monday – Thursday, 8am – 9pm and Friday 8am – 5pm. The library is closed Saturdays and a librarian is available for virtual support only on Sundays, 12 – 9pm. Beginning Tuesday, July 24, we will be available in G-101, Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm.
Faculty and staff of the Clayton State Library are committed to providing quality service and support to the Clayton State community during this project. Follow us here on our blog and our other social media channels to stay up to date on the progress of this exciting renovation, and please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.