Politics in America offers comprehensive, nonpartisan commentary and data about members of Congress. Detailed member profiles provide concise insight and candid analysis of personalities, political styles, legislative agendas, political ambitions, and reputations at home and on the Hill.
- Editions 2000 (106th Congress) – 2016 (114th Congress)
Member profiles include:
- Biographical data, committee assignments, election results, CQ Key Votes, interest group ratings, CQ Vote Studies, and contact information
- Detailed descriptions of each member’s congressional district as drawn for that term of Congress, including updated maps and voting trends
Advanced Search users can limit results by:
- Edition (Congress)
- Political Party
Need additional resources for political science? Use our LibGuides, http://clayton.libguides.com/subject/politicalscience, as a starting point.
Something About the Author is the preeminent source on authors and literature for young people. It covers the children’s classics like Charlotte’s Web by E. B. White, Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown, The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss, The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein, Matilda by Roald Dahl, and Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing by Judy Blume. Read about the lives and works of authors and illustrators of literature for children and young adults.
Entries typically cover personal life, career, writings, adaptations, and additional sources. Autobiographical essays discuss the author’s career, interests and motivation, among other topics.
Mergent Online provides company, industry, and country reports for active and inactive, public and some private companies. It includes company overviews, financial statements, stock information, SEC reports, news headlines, annual reports, tear sheets, and competitor/industry analysis.
- by company symbol or name
- D&B 20 Million Plus private companies
- SEC & SEDAR filings by company, filing date, ranges or filing types
Issues & Controversies helps researchers understand today’s crucial issues by exploring hot topics in business, politics, government, education and popular culture. Resources include: pro/con statements, timelines, primary sources & statistical tables and editorial cartoons & newspaper editorials.
The Intelligence Squared U.S. Debate Series featuring some of the most prominent political figures, journalists, academics, and experts is included in Issues & Controversies. A searchable, interactive transcript is available for each debate and allows viewers to navigate to specific points in the debate using the predefined segments. Player controls (play/pause, volume, closed-captioning, and full-screen) are located beneath the player window.
Posted in Announcements, Resources
- Tagged business, debate, education, featured, government, hot topics, politics, popular culture, primary sources, pro/con, video
Revolutionary War Archives contains foundational records for the new nation including Papers of the Continental Congress, the official records of the original colonies and the early United States, Constitutional Convention records, and other historical documents representing and revealing the process of the Constitution’s creation.
The collection includes:
- Constitution Convention Records
- Foreign Letters of the Continental Congress
- Revolutionary War Rolls
- Service Records
- Prize Cases & Pensions
The Cochrane Library is an evidence-based medicine resource that summarizes results of high-quality medical research to support health care decision-making.
The collection consists of 6 databases:
- Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews (CDSR) This is the primary output of The Cochrane Collaboration. Each Cochrane Review identifies an intervention for a specific disease (or other problem in health care) and determines whether or not this intervention works by summarizing the results of research gathered from randomized controlled trials
- Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL). This database includes details of published trials taken from bibliographic databases and other published resources. CENTRAL includes the title of the article, information on where it was published and, in many cases, the abstract.
- Cochrane Methodology Register (CMR) A bibliography of publications that report on methods used when conducting controlled trials, studies of methods used in reviews, and more general methodological studies which could be relevant to anyone preparing systematic reviews. Records include journal articles, books and conference proceedings.
- Database of Abstracts of Reviews of Effects (DARE) Database of Abstracts of Reviews of Effects (DARE) is a unique database, containing abstracts of systematic reviews that have been quality assessed. Each abstract includes a summary of the review together with a critical commentary about the overall quality. DARE contains more than 19,000 such abstracts. Produced by the Centre for Reviews and Dissemination (CRD) in York, UK.
- Health Technology Assessment Database (HTA)
Details of completed and ongoing health technology assessments (studies of the medical, social, ethical and economic implications of healthcare interventions) from around the world. Produced by the CRD in York, UK
- NHS Economic Evaluation Database (EED) Economic evaluations from around the world, evaluated for quality and highlighting relative strengths and weaknesses of each study. Produced by the CRD in York, UK.
Research guides and tutorials are available from inside the Cochrane Library.
Value Line Research Center provides financial information on stocks, industries, mutual funds, options and convertible securities as well as special situation stocks.
Included in our Subscription
- Value Line Investment Survey provides comprehensive investment research, data, expert analysis, and commentary for virtually every investor. Every week, about 135 stocks in seven or eight industries are covered.
- Value Line Investment Survey – Small and Mid-Cap covers approximately 1,800 additional, mostly small-capitalization, issues. It features consensus earning estimates for many companies, a business description, including recent corporate developments, and Value Line’s Performance Ranks, designed to predict relative price performance over the next six to 12 months. The publication does not include analysts’ commentaries.
- Fund Advisor monthly report contains a comprehensive, tabular index of more than 800 key funds grouped by category, with more than 24 specific data points and performance indicators for each fund.
- Value Line Daily Options Survey provides daily evaluations and ranks on about 200,000 options, 80,000 longer-term options (LEAPS), and more.
- Value Line Special Situations Service offers more aggressive managers and individual investors recommendations on emerging growth stocks with exceptional long-term capital gains potential.
- Value Line Convertibles Survey provides a unique, systematic approach to assessing the performance of convertibles, showing which convertibles make the best buys.
In addition, this resource provides users free delayed stock quotes, company news, extensive graphing, and market updates.
Access Restrictions: Limited to 3 simultaneous users at a time. Select sign out (top right corner) when finished.
Each year since 1995 the President has issued a Presidential Proclamation designating the month of March as Women’s History Month. The Women’s Studies libguide provides information to help you begin research on topics related to the life and work of women in the United States and around the world. It highlights books, web resources, news, films, and how to find articles.
The National Women’s History Project announced the theme for 2016: Working to Form a More Perfect Union: Honoring Women in Public Service and Government
IEEE Xplore provides technology journals, magazines, transactions, conference proceedings, and standards published by the Institute for Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and the Institution of Electrical Engineers (IET). Technology touches all disciplines so users studying economics, animation, healthcare, business, education, life sciences, sociology, government, chemistry, or any other field will find relevant content for their research.
Our IEEE Xplore subscription includes access to the full-text of IEEE content published since 1988 with select content published since 1872 from:
- IEEE journals, transactions, and magazines, including early access documents
- IEEE conference proceedings
- IET journals
- IET conference proceedings
- IEEE published standards
- IEEE Standards Dictionary Online
Users can personalize their IEEE Xplore search experience by creating targeted saved searches, setting up table of contents alerts, and customizing personal preferences. Refine your results by limiting by content type, year, author, affiliation, publication title, publisher, or conference location.
- human-computer interaction
- game design
- artificial intelligence
- cyber security
- digital forensics
- wireless security
- therapeutic devices
- medical imaging
- 3D graphics
- sustainable energy
Resources and video tutorials are available to help you get started.
African American Studies is an interdisciplinary field dedicated to the scholarly study of the history, literature, culture, religion, and politics of African-Americans. The field is not limited in its scope to the continental United States, but includes the entire African Diaspora which encompasses African people descended from Africans dispersed, displaced, and scattered by enslavement, genocide, war, migration, and conflict. The African American Studies guide includes books, articles, electronic resources, and multimedia plus a focus on slavery & slave trade resources.