LexisNexis Academic has long been on of our most popular resources. It recently underwent a massive interface upgrade and name change. You can still find the same newspapers, medical journals, company financial information, wire reports, and law reviews, but you’ll find a more intuitive and customizable interface in Nexis Uni. Registration is recommended to set personal preferences and customizations.
You will find you have access to:
- over 15,000 news, business, legal, medical and reference publications
- local, regional, international, and foreign language newspapers
- broadcast transcripts and wire service reports
- state & federal statutes, regulations, Shepard’s Citations
- legislation, Supreme Court opinions back to 1790, law reviews
- domestic and international company financial information, economic data, and SEC filings and reports
Technical issues have been reported and are being addressed by LexisNexis. To report an issue, contact the GALILEO support team, http://www.galileo.usg.edu/scholar/clayton/contact.
CINAHL Complete provides broad content coverage of the health sciences including 50 nursing specialties, speech and language pathology, nutrition, fitness, medicine, and health administration. Coverage includes indexing of more than 5,400 journals with full-text access to 1,450 journals from 1937 to present. This valuable resource also provides access to systematic reviews, health care books, nursing dissertations, selected conference proceedings, evidence-based care sheets, and quick lesson disease overviews.
Georgia Historic Newspapers includes some of the state’s earliest newspapers; important African-American, Roman Catholic, and Cherokee newspapers; and issues from Augusta, Atlanta, Columbus, Fayetteville, Houston county, Louisville, Milledgeville, Thomson, Sandersville, Waycross, Waynesboro, and Valdosta. The archive is free and open for public use and includes over one million Georgia newspaper pages between 1786 and 1986. Browse by title for coverage summaries.
The Georgia Historic Newspapers Archive is a project of the Digital Library of Georgia (DLG), a part of Georgia’s Virtual Library GALILEO and is based at the University of Georgia Libraries.
The Supreme Court Yearbook provides valuable in-depth coverage and analysis of every decision from the nation’s highest court since the 1989-1990 term. Users will find:
- Year-end overviews of Supreme Court terms
- Case summaries of every opinion written during each term
- Essays on the most significant cases from each year and the trends in each term
- Useful tables and figures on voting patterns and trends in constitutional law
- Biographies of justices
- Reference documents for understanding how the Supreme Court works
Browse/Search by Topic:
Courts & Judicial Procedure
Criminal Law & Procedure
State & Local Governments
Latin America & Iberia Database provides full text academic journals that are locally published by scholarly publishing organizations and educational institutions in Latin American countries, including Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Nicaragua, Peru, Uruguay, and Venezuela, and also Spain and Portugal. Major subject areas of study are represented, including business, science, technology, engineering, medical, social sciences, education, arts, anthropology, law, and humanities.
Posted in Announcements, Resources
- Tagged art, business, databases, education, engineering, featured, humanities, law, medicine, science, social sciences, technology
Native American Archives collection provides more than 1.8 million pages of original historical documents pertaining to Native American history and life from the 18th through the 20th century. The collection is made possible in collaboration with the National Archives and Allen County Library.
Highlights of the collection are:
- Dawes Packets containing original applications for tribal enrollments
- Eastern Cherokee Applications of the U.S. Court of Claims (1906-1909)
- The Guion Miller Rolls
- Indian Census Rolls (1885-1940)
- Ratified Indian Treaties dating back to 1722
- Records of the Cherokee Indian Agency in Tennessee (1801-1835)
- Series of Enrollment Cards (1898-1914)
World News Digest is an archival record of domestic and international news since November 1940. It covers major political, social, and economic events, including elections, wars and conflicts, and government and civics information. Maps and charts are included, as are graphs, historic photographs, and story indexes by decade, country, and topic.
- Timely, hot-button events of the week, linking to a wide range of editorially curated content about each event
- Ahead in Time and Back in Time links follow a chronological chain of coverage on numerous events, people, countries, and topics
- Special Feature puts an important contemporary subject into historical context and organizes links to relevant material
- Key background information: primary source documents, profiles of newsmakers, countries, and issues
- Carefully curated videos and news graphics embedded into coverage of today’s latest developments
- Searchable news feed, updated hourly
- Statistics: health & vital statistics; consumer information; nations of the world; U.S. facts & history; U.S. cities, states & population; sports; personalities, arts & media
- Newspaper editorials and editorial cartoons with discussion questions
ScienceDirect is a full-text scientific database offering journal articles from fields of science, covering scientific, technical, and medical (STM) and the social sciences research. You can set up alerts to notify you of new articles related to a specific search, new volume issues of specific journals, or new articles or publications related to a specific topic.
Researchers have access to content from the following titles:
- AJIC – American Journal of Infection Control
- American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Animal Behaviour
- Applied Nursing Research
- Archives of Psychiatric Nursing
- Dental Abstracts
- Geriatric Nursing
- Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics
- Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series B
- Journal of Emergency Nursing
- Journal of Pediatric Health Care
- Journal of Professional Nursing
- Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Nursing Outlook
- Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology
- The Journal of Academic Librarianship
- The Journal of Pediatrics
- The Journal of the American Dental Association
- Dental Clinics of North America
- Medical Clinics of North America
- Nursing Clinics of North America
- Orthopedic Clinics of North America
- Pediatric Clinics of North America
- Surgical Clinics of North America
The advanced search feature allows you to limit your results to content from subscribed publications and open access articles. Use Interlibrary Loan to request an electronic copy of an article not available full-text.
Revolutionary War Archives contains foundational records for the new nation including Papers of the Continental Congress, the official records of the original colonies and the early United States, Constitutional Convention records, and other historical documents between 1775–1783 representing and revealing the process of the Constitution’s creation.
The collection includes:
- Constitution Convention Records
- Foreign Letters of the Continental Congress
- Revolutionary War Rolls
- Service Records
- Prize Cases & Pensions
Arts of the United States contains images of works important to the study of the history of art in the United States. The pieces, dating from the 17th century through the 20th, include architecture, decorative arts, painting, sculpture, graphic arts, photography, and stage and costume design as well as Native American art and artifacts. Browse popular collections from the Brooklyn Museum of Art, Henry Francis du pont Winterthur Museum, Metropolitan Museum of Art (NY), Museum of Modern Art (NY), Philadelphia Museum of Art, and Whitney Museum of American Art.
Posted in Announcements, Resources
- Tagged architecture, art, costume design, culture, featured, graphic arts, history, paintings, photography, theatre